Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Just Peachy

 
I was at my local Dollar General to get cat food and (with no real intentions of buying anything) took a little detour down the makeup aisle. Well, I bought something.

I picked up a tube of Wet n Wild's Megalast Lip Color in Just Peachy. Peach lip color seems to be all the rage this spring/summer and since I'm slightly obsessed with lip color, I thought I'd give it a go. Also, the DG Wet n Wild display was so understocked that the only other choices were a boring pink and several darker brown shades.


My initial reaction was a little miffed, I came home and put it on immediately and it looked terrible! But then I realized that I had been lying around all day and hadn't even put on lip balm. I have also been dealing with allergies, causing me to be a creepy mouth breather and drying my lips out. I tried it again, this time after exfoliating my lips and putting on some lip balm, and it did look much better.

The color is gorgeous, pinky peach without any orange, which is something that I was a little worried about with peach lipstick. After wearing this for a few days this last week, I have seen a few problems. Since I have naturally dry lips (dry enough that I often sneeze and split my lip) and it being allergy season, this does dry my lips out and I HAVE to use lip balm with it. Without it my lips just look flaky and gross. It definitely does not last four hours, as advertised, but most lipsticks (even stains!) don't last all that long on me.

I've read a couple reviews of people griping about the packaging. I didn't find it all that cheap looking. The tube is plastic, of course, and is simple black with a clear cap and accents, and it seems to hold up just fine thrown in my purse.

The price is great at $2 and I think I can make it work, as long as I have lip balm and keep my lips properly hydrated. The color is so pretty, I'm contemplating using it as a cream blush.

Has anyone else tried this lipstick line? What are your thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment