In a bid to save some money, I have not been able to go out and buy new beauty products (or anything else for that matter.) We had a little extra cash and it was also my birthday, so I have a bit of a haul to share.
I've been on the search for a cheap makeup site and found All Cosmetics Wholesale. They have tons of high end and drugstore brands at super low prices. They are able to sale everything cheap because they are discontinued colors or packaging, overstocked items, or my favorite find, "factory blemish." Factory blemish products are those that have not passed quality tests for minimal little issues such as wrong packaging, slight damage, mislabeling, etc.
Here is the big list of what I got:
1. Mary Kay Compact
1. Mary Kay Mineral Eye Shadow in Cinnabar
1. Mary Kay Mineral Eye Shadow in Hazelnut
1. Mary Kay Mineral Eye Shadow in Sweet Pink - I could not find this on the website.
2. KORRES Pressed Eye Shadow in Golden
3. E.L.F. Eyelid Primer in Sheer
4. E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder in Ivory
5. E.L.F. Essentials Foundation Brush
5. Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes in Dark Grey (Yeah, I know, there are two fives.)
6. KORRES Natural Products Eyeliner Pencil in Green
7. Dior DiorShow Mascara Deluxe Sample
8. Pixi Water Blush in Chestnut Stain No.2
9. & 10. Benefit Real Birthday Turn Ons - Includes deluxe samples of They're Real Mascara and Watt's Up Highlighter
11. Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Body Lotion in Pure Paradise
12. KORRES Guava Shower Gel
13. Mary Kay After-Sun Replenshing Gel - I couldn't find this on the website.
14. Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream
15. Mary Kay Satin Hands Hand Cream
16. Aveda Phomollient Styling Mousse
17. Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Body Lotion in Beautiful Day
18. Aveda Stress-Fix Soaking Salts
19. Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Body Lotion in Malibu Heat
20. Sephora by OPI Nail Colour in Bright as a Feather
21,22,&23. Hard Candy Nail Polish - In Mr. Wrong, Hot Pants, and Rumor Mill - These appear to be discontinued.
24. Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya
25. MAC Lipstick - I don't have a name on these MAC lipsticks, the bottom stickers are missing.
26. MAC Lipstick
27. L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Lilac Ever After
28. Sephora Collection Volume Booster Gloss Serum in Under a Spell (Permanently out of stock)
Damn. When everything is typed up it looks a little ridiculous. I'll be writing reviews of most of these products soon.
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Monday, July 15, 2013
My husband and I made it our mission this last weekend to get our front yard a bit more presentable. The two pictures below show just how overgrown and ridiculous our front flower bed has gotten.
Yes, the stump to the right is cut to resemble a hand flipping you off. My husband got artistic with a chainsaw one day and that is what he came up with.
As you can see, the front of our house was not exactly tidy. We took a trip to Lowe's and Walmart and gathered some supplies and plants. I did do a little research beforehand to see what plants and flowers were the easiest to grow here in Oklahoma for a black thumbed individual. After a lot of work, our new front yard is looking completely different and much better.
We are planning to put pea gravel around the steps to keep the grass at bay. We have been trying to get the grass to look better after multiple trees and part being used as a driveway for years caused most of the grass to die. But I think this makeover has made such a difference and will inspire us to do more.
I'm thinking about keeping these weekend projects going and making this a regular thing on this blog.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
I've been MIA lately here at the start of summer, there's just always so much to do. I've got a pretty enormous haul I'm working on and hopefully I'll have it put together in the next couple of days. I've gotten all sorts of new and awesome stuff because today is my birthday! Hooray! Once the celebration is over, things should get back to normal. Until then, I wanted to share a few pictures from a recent camping trip my husband and I took. We went out to Oologah Lake on a friends land and had the greatest camping spot. Lots of shade, sandy beach, gorgeous views. We are planning to spend a lot of time out there this summer!