Friday, June 14, 2013

DIY Oil & Water Makeup Remover

I'm at it again, making my own beauty products. I've been using a couple different oil & water makeup removers that I received as samples and I'm running low. As I've said before, I have been trying to save money and this makeup remover seemed easy enough to make.

What I Used:

Apricot Oil
Water
5-6 Drops Rose Hip Oil
Splash of Melvita Orange Blossom Floral Water

Preparation was very simple, I boiled the water and rose hip oil and then combined the apricot oil and water 50/50 in a small dropper bottle (I bought a pack of 12 a few months ago from Amazon. Check them out here.) After shaking well, I let the mixture sit overnight before using. It worked great to take my makeup off but I felt like something was missing. I added the splash of Melvita Orange Blossom water for a little extra nourishment and scent and I'm very pleased with the results.
What an exciting photo!

My homemade makeup remover takes off all of my makeup and leaves my skin feeling so soft! It's much cheaper than other makeup removers and I can tweak the formula in the future to meet my ever changing skin care needs. I have noticed that as I use it, it seems that more of the water is disapearing quicker than the oil. I think this may be partially do to the dropper bottle, I may need cut out any plastic pieces in the spout. I also suspect that it could also be my mixture, I need to look up the ingredients in other makeup removers and see if there is anything that might affect the formula.


I'm excited about my little creation! I think my next DIY beauty product might be a homemade cornstarch pressed powder. If it works out, I'll write up a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment