Sunday, May 19, 2013

May Birchbox

 


This month I was not terribly impressed with what I received in my Birchbox. There were a couple things that I have enjoyed, but nothing that I can't live without. Because of my indifference, this is going to be short and sweet.
 
Pilot Acroball PureWhite - $6.24 for 4, available at Walmart & Target - As far as pens go, this is a nice one. I'm a little torn on receiving this though. On one side, it's a pen. I could have had a better sample in it's place or even some chocolate. And on the other side, I use pens all the time and I like to carry several in my purse because I always need one. I compare this to getting clothes for Christmas when you're little, it's going to get used but you really would have preferred a toy or a bike or something.
 
Coola Classis SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face - $32.00 - I haven't actually tried this yet, I'm planning to throw it in my pocket the next time we take the motorcycle out. I'll update once I've used it.
 
Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner - $11.00 - I'm always in the market for new eyeliners and was happy to see this sample. I'm not too sure of the color, meaning I don't know exactly what color I received. It appears to be a dark brown, yet I cannot find the matching color on the website. Oh well, the eyeliner goes on smoothly and blends very well. I love receiving eyeliner samples because I have a real problem spending alot of money on eyeliner.
 
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle - $21.95 - I quite like this leave in spray. It smells amazing and seems to work well so far to keep frizz at bay. I honestly have been grabbing it in the morning simply to make my hair smell lovely.
 
Isaac Mizrahi FABULOUS Eau De Parfum & Rollerball - $69.00 - I really don't like this perfume. It smells like a weird combination of something a grandma would wear and cleaning chemicals. Per the Birchbox website, the following smells make up this perfume:
 
"Bright opening notes of citrus, peony, and musk unfold to juicy middle notes of mandarin and nectarine. Top notes of smoky bergamot create depth, while jasmine sambac, tuberose, and peony add a touch of femininity. Warm base notes of vanilla, patchouli, and sandalwood complete the alluring mix."
 
First of all, that is a ton of different scents to make up one perfume. I usually prefer my scents to be much more simple. I can't seem to pinpoint any of the specific smells except for the citrus and very lightly, the musk. It's just way too complex for my nose and I don't want to smell like I've been scrubbing kitchen counters all day.
 
I'm working on my Ipsy review which will hopefully be a little more exciting.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment